Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Back to Manila to Lecture

I was in Manila this time 2 years ago, running around the conference circuit, lecturing about Mesotherapy. That was when I fell in love with that city, and have always looked for opportunities to return.
Last week, I was invited to lecture again. Same group of doctors as 2 years ago. Hundreds of them! This time, I only had a week to prepare. In fact, less than a week... The trip was confirmed last Thursday afternoon & here I am at the airport on a Wednesday morning. I didn't even know the lecture title till the weekend!
Thankfully, the lecture commitments aren't as heavy this time. Just a single half hour talk on a new needle-free mesotherapy device. Yeah. Ironic, isn't it? Speaking as an expert on a subject I'm no longer supposed to practice except as a trial?
We borrowed that machine & tried it out over the weekend. Dyna's mother got volunteered. It was a seriously tedious process, but painless (except on my pocket as the solutions were oh so expensive). She saw her pores close up very quickly. And by the next day, her nasolabial folds had completely disappeared.
She was impressed! She wanted more! Thankfully the machine went back yesterday afternoon. ;o)
The rest of my time in Manila will be spent doing demonstrations at the booth. Mixture of demos including the Botox Dermalift which I learnt from Dr Lam in Hong Kong 2.5 years ago and love. I guess there'll be demos on the new Aesthetic Dermal products too, including Meso-K/Arnica for dark eye circles, Reparastim for rejuvenation & BONTA Botox replacement.
And shopping at Greenhills of course, before I get back on the plane on Friday night. Perfect timing for Christmas shopping!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Im a fan of your blog! Im a filipino md now based in Singapore who was also in aesthetics dermatology back in Manila. Please let me know if you will have any lectures here and in Manila. it will be an honor to attend. Do you offer preceptoship? thanks

Dr Christine Cheng said...

I don't lecture very often. Are you registered to practise in Singapore? Preceptorship will be difficult otherwise.