Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ion Magnum 2: Now at Simply Aesthetic

It's here! It's here! After weeks of waiting for the latest upgrade to roll off the production line, our Ion Magnum 2 has arrived!

Actually, it arrived yesterday, but thanks to some sticky beak nose customs officers, the machine arrived with blown fuses. That set off a major meltdown with me last night, but fortunately Cirsten pointed us in the right direction, so a simple fuse replacement got it working!

I dashed back to the clinic after my SNEC list this afternoon, eager to try it out for myself. The last time I tried the original Magnum was 3-4 months ago, and it was not nice. I take my hat off to my patients who have had their entire body treated at high intensity.

So does the machine live up to its promise of being comfortable?

Treating the tummy alone, it certainly seems to be. The contractions are certainly smoother and less painful than before. There's still some prickling involved, but nowhere near as much as before. As I was in a rush, I didn't do the standard measurements/photos. My main concerns were whether the machine was working and whether it was more comfortable. A big sigh of relief yes to both. Phew!

No comments: