Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Thank God for Entonox!

I'm not at all ashamed to admit to having zero tolerance for discomfort. Vanity takes over, but I do everything to make my treatments comfortable.

This afternoon, I had the opportunity to try out E Matrix personally. Manufactured by Syneron, this device uses fractional RF to coagulate the skin and stimulate collagen production. The treatment can be used for rejuvenation, but it's primary indication is for acne scars and wrinkles.

The before/after photographs shown were AMAZING! It's a shame we're not allowed to put up such photos on Singapore medical websites now. All doubts about whether the treatment works or not were cleared when I saw them.

So I bravely volunteered my face again. The rep had tried the medium intensity program on himself with no pain relief, but that was a bit too ambitious for me. So I applied a thick layer of numbing cream and waited...

After my lips went quite numb, we started. Even with the cream on, it felt like hot pricks. He reduced the intensity from medium to low, but it was still too much for chicken shit me! So I jumped off the couch and dug out my old Entonox cylinder. Three puffs later, I was high as a kite and happy for him to continue.

We bought the Entonox equipment when we opened the clinic almost 4 years ago. It's pretty much just gathering dust these days, cos most people are much better with pain than me! But it really was such a relief to be able to use it for this procedure. Phew!

As for my face, it's a bit red & swollen. It was quite sore for the first couple of hours, but much better now. I can't wait to see the results!

No comments: