Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Where It All Began...

Many have wondered about the time and effort taken in creating the Simply Aesthetic website. The current one is I believe version 4. Just creating version one resulted in many nights without sleep, changing from one program to another in a desperate attempt to find one simple enough for me to handle. The first launch also resulted in the first major argument with Dr Ivan, a petulant deletion of the entire site by myself, followed by disaster as my computer crashed with the entire "masterpiece" in it!

The current version was launched in March 2007 and has proven satisfactory. Re-doing it would we a nightmare now, as the number of pages exceed 50, and grow in number almost every week.

But my attempts at web design did not start with www.simply-aesthetic.com. I only dared try this task because of a previous website many years ago. Long forgotten, I was only reminded of it by my old friend, web host & SEO guru Shi Heng Cheong last night. It turns out he bought the domain I abandoned & took over my entire content! He re-did the site a year back, and the traffic now is in the thousands every month. Worldwide! WOW! He's graciously offered to share the site with me again.

Take a look. It's much prettier now than when I designed the template 5 years ago. www.healthychineserecipes.com.

I'm tickled pink!

1 comment:

Dr Christine Cheng said...

Typical... Has to be related to eating!

:o)