Friday, December 7, 2007

Repeating ALCAT

It's a year since I first checked my blood for food intolerances. At that time, we were still relatively inexperienced with the food intolerance test. My results were most depressing. I had to give up chilli, tapioca, wheat, duck, lamb, chicken, eggs, basil, coffee..... The list did go on, and on, and on....

I've been getting rashes again recently, and sniffing more than usual. I don't stick to the list very well, but it seemed like my body was changing again. Anyway, we repeated the test on Wednesday, and the results came back today! Yep! It's that fast nowadays!

But before I tell you about my new results, suffice it to say that I have not been well this week. My tummy has been playing up really badly: cramps, nausea, diarrhoea, bloating. You name it, I've suffered it! I just assumed food poisoning, but couldn't understand why it lasted so many days.

Anyway, lo and behold, my trigger foods have changed! Quite dramatically! A lot of the things I do really like eating I can now safely eat again! Yay!!!! 

BUT...

Peanuts are now a problem. And tomatoes! And MSG! And coconut and sweet potatoes (so yam is out...). And milk!

Grapefruit, tapioca, safflower and buckwheat are constant between the 2 tests. So those are obviously genetic intolerances. 

We've had tingkat dinners delivered to the clinic for the last 2 months. That would explain the MSG overload. Tomatoes will be tough: spaghetti, pizza, and the sweet & sour fish I have every other Tuesday at NCC!

But peanuts! Darn it! Peanuts were behind this week's suffering! I bought a crispy peanut cake thing from an old Chinese bakery on Sunday. I had that for breakfast on Monday morning. And Wednesday morning. The symptoms started on Monday afternoon and lasted till Thursday! No wonder it seemed to get worse on Wednesday instead of better! And today? I'm fine! Wow!

2 comments:

hecate said...

Hi. I've been reading the book called the allergy & asthma cure. I got some food intolerance/ sensitivity and was thinking of having the test done. May I know what hospital exactly is this ALCAT done?

Dr Christine Cheng said...

Simply Aesthetic is one of the test centres in Singapore. Please call 67325527 to book your appointment for testing.

Cheers!