Friday, September 26, 2008

Preparing for F1 Parties

I have the great privilege to have been invited to 2 premiere events this weekend. Tonight's party is at the Mercedes centre and is my first red carpet party. The second is on Sunday night. A major hush hush top-secret party at an even more secret waterfront location, hosting VVIPs including some of the F1 drivers.

So how does one prepare for such spectacular events with celebrities and media (local & foreign)?

I only received the invitations a week ago, so crash slimming is out of the question. Especially when I had to dash around Orchard Road to search for appropriate dresses that fit! Can't risk doing anything that could jeopardise my new clothes!

So intensive face work was called for. I've been quite lazy about doing treatments generally. Something about being surrounded by all these machines... Mery last did a facial for me in mid 2007, when we were still at Faber House! I don't think we'd even decided to move to UE Square at that stage! Since then, I've had one round of Easy TCA peeling (end 2007), 2 lots of Actistem (January & June this year) and the odd Perfector session. Fortunately, having just had to prepare for a photo shoot last week, I had done a little bit of lifting with the Perfector recently.

On examining my face earlier this week, I decided I had a few clogged pores I wanted cleared out. I still needed just a little more lifting for ideal jawline definition, and my complexion looked a tad dull.

With these in mind, I decided some treatment with the RF in rejuvenation mode was the first step. RF rejuvenation acts as an electric peel, so skims off some of the dead skin cells and ejects blackheads and comedones. Half an hour later, the skin looked more radiant, most of the pores were cleaner, but there were a few deep comedones that still refused to come out. So the face steamer came out and Joey extracted the stubborn comedones.

Since I was in the self indulgent mood, I decided I should have a mask treatment to follow. We decided on the Caviar mask with Caviar ampoule for hydration. I had always used the Whitening mask before, so this was a nice first for me. Half an hour later, I emerged radiant and most surprisingly, the lift I wanted was there! The collagen from the mask had impregnated through and hydrated my skin, providing the lift I so desperately wanted! Since closing our Spa, we had pretty much neglected these Biomatrix masks and I had forgotten how amazing they were.

The rest of today will be spent getting my nails, hair and makeup done. Then F1 party, here I come!

1 comment:

Dr Christine Cheng said...

We thought we had lost Actistem as a treatment as our distributor had told us they were planning to stop bringing it in. I just found out yesterday that they had changed their mind, so we can continue providing this treatment.

Of course, this means writing up another protocol for SMC before 1st November. Stem cell activators is on their List B, which means low evidence of efficacy. But again, this is a product which we have been using for over 6 months with no problems. And I love the results from it: radiance, reduction in fine lines, lifting, shrinkage of pores. My skin is certainly healthier and demands less attention since I started using this half yearly.