Saturday, February 6, 2010

End of Liposuction at Simply Aesthetic

It is with great sadness that I announce the end of Waterjet Liposuction at Simply Aesthetic. Our final operation will be on Monday, 9th February.

This decision was a tough one to make. There were many factors, including the lack of demand for a relatively more expensive liposuction technique. Few seemed to appreciate the safety and recovery benefits associated with WAL. The recent liposuction death has reduced demand even further.

Most importantly, however, is that my personal health has not been optimal recently. I have had spasms in my left trapezius muscle behind my shoulder on and off for the past few months. There is some discomfort almost every day, which is usually tolerable. However, at times, the pain moves to my left arm and elbow. When this happens, the entire arm can go numb and weak. I can still just about cope with small liposuction procedures, but certainly not big ones.

With the unpredictability of this dysfunction, plus the negative market sentiments, we finally made the very difficult decision to discontinue liposuction services, at least for the time being.

Although liposuction is great for contouring, our recent results with Ion Magnum has shown that tremendous results can be obtained withoit surgical risk and downtime. The current machine is uncomfortable, but we have ordered the upgraded Magnum 2 which promises to be very comfortable. That should be arriving in the next few weeks.

Personally, I too have lost 4kg in the past month, with simple dietary changes (no starvation), oral supplementation and Thermojet sessions 2-3 times most weeks. You can read more about it in my personal blog. I'll be happy to share more during consultation.

No comments: