Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Pain of Hair Loss

With a whole series of cancellations this afternoon, it was the ideal opportunity to slip across the road for a quick haircut. I made the very difficult decision of abandoning the hairdresser I'd followed around for almost a decade a month back. She had, in that time, moved from Wisma Atria to Harbourfront and a few months ago to The Sail. I visited her once at the new premise, but I hated the drive there, even though it was much closer than Harbourfront. I had gotten so lost on a relatively quiet Saturday afternoon. By the time I'd driven around the CBD 5 times, I was a frazzled mess! And I was so traumatised by it that by the time I was desperate for another haircut a good six months or more later (the joys of a pony tail), I could no longer remember how to get there!

So I made the difficult decision to switch. I was very concerned as all the haircuts I'd had before finding her were awful. But as I'd gotten friendly with the folks at Perfect Style (our old UE Square neighbours), and I had seen the work of William, I decided to take the plunge & chopped my locks off a month back. And as with all shorter hairstyles, the inconvenience of regular trims surfaced. Hence I was glad to just be able to slip across for a tidy up.

William is the bggest gossip I know. He's certainly entertaining & knows everything about everyone! Today, he commented that I was lucky to have naturally straight & oily hair. It saved me a fortune in treatments! My response was I would love thicker, more luscious hair, but have been too busy to try out our new hair treatment. He asked what hair treatment, so I showed him our results from the Divine MedSpa website.

His jaws dropped!

Poor William has a small thinning patch in his crown. He'd seen his GP about it years ago, and was dismissed with normal male pattern balding. As a hair stylist, he was sometimes even embarassed by his clients for not having perfect hair. And it certainly stopped him from recommending tonics to prevent hair loss. Anyway, his interest was piqued when I told him of our experiences with the treatment, and he was almost ready to run across the road for his first treatment.

It as certainly an eye-opening conversation for me. Having been dealing primarily with skin anti-aging, acne & slimming for so many years now, I never really stopped to think of the impact of hair loss. I was just dubious of expensive treatments at Yun Nan and Beijing 101. All that ridiculous hair analysis for what??? Hair loss is hair loss when seen with the naked eye or magnified 100x. And results are only worth talking about when the growth can be seen with the naked eye. And our clients have certainly been happy with their own results, and have had many commenting on their luscious locks.

Anyway, I'm hoping William will slip across for his treatments soon! I think he'll have fabulous results!

No comments: