Friday, November 16, 2007

Back to Work!

After a week away, we are just settling back into work again. The time away has been incredibly fruitful as we have learnt from experts in the field. Some of the treatments can only be described as miraculous! The most mind blowing is my encounter with a 62-year old lady (most senior Anaesthetist in the hospital, no less!) with skin better than many 20 year olds! Well, her cheeks anyway, as that was the area treated last year. In a few months time, she will have a forehead and neck to match. Want to know what this miracle treatment is? Watch this space! We will be bringing this into Simply Aesthetic soon. Discussions have begun with the local distributor. In the meantime, photos of the contrast between treated & untreated areas will be posted in the next few days.

During the Bangkok sector, we spent 2 days watching the leading experts re-shape faces with the DermaRF radiofrequency machine, blitz off unwanted skin lesions & pigmentations, as well as trim down a lady's tummy so much her trousers were loose!

Of course, we shopped and ate too!

Manila was the best! Julie was my travel companion for this sector. It was lovely to meet up with my old friends, especially Cathy (who sponsored my lecture tour last year), Dr Claudine Roura (Derm Surgeon) and Dr Lam from Hong Kong. Claudine & Lam were both at the workshop too, which made it a lot more fun! Both had some operative experience, so I could hear their perspective on what we were seeing that day.

Things I will be keen to implement from that workshop include (guess what the 62-year old had!!!):
  • Gold Thread implantation
  • Stitch Blepharoplasty (No-Cut Double Eyelid Surgery)
  • Transconjunctival Lower Blepharoplasty (No Scar Eye Bag Surgery)
  • Fat Transfer (Cheek Augmentation)
  • Brow Lift
The surgeons were working non-stop till 7pm when they pretty much gave up from exhaustion. There were many more cases yet to do, including rhinoplasties. Such a shame!

They've invited me to return next year. They're after my nose. Yep! It's a BIG job apparently, the whole works! I don't know. Nice to have a free nose job by one of the top plastic surgeons in Japan, but I kinda like my nose as it is... And I have no pain threshold whatsoever!

No comments: